The dream car is finally here! Some fun projects in the works for this one
First things first, get the car running and driving as it should. There was some grinding going into first. I replaced 1-4 synchros, sliders and dog teeth. Luckily the 915 gearbox is fairly easy to work on.
I figured it’s a good time to do some general cleaning and maintenance as well. Valve clearance was adjusted, spark plugs, air filter, engine/trans mounts, all new hoses, etc. I also couldn’t resist the European Racing Headers. O2 bungs and 1/8 NPT bungs were welded in for thermocouples.
The car looks great! Now the big task of putting it all back together. All new trim pieces, body seals, headliner, etc to be installed.
Before considering the assembly complete I needed to adjust the ride height. The front is easy but indexing the rear torsion bars is a bit involved. It took a couple tries but I’m really happy with the results. Here are some before pictures.
It’s finally picture worthy!
A before and after of the interior as well. Nothing over the top but I’m happy with how it came out.